The Downtown Fargo Community
A thriving food scene, a coffee shop for every day of the week, historic buildings (including one truly iconic theater), one-of-a-kind small businesses, art galleries filled with local art. Downtown Fargo has it all, and there’s even more to come.
What makes downtown Fargo isn’t about its places, though, it’s about the people who inhabit them. Our downtown has all the hallmarks of an urban center, but our closely knit community gives it a distinct small-town twist.
Downtown Fargo doesn’t just offer places to be, it offers places to belong.
What to Do
With an average WalkScore of 96 and BikeScore of 94, everything to do in downtown is only a few minutes away. Home of the Red River Market, Downtown Street Fair, Frostival, Night Bazaar, TEDxFargo, Christkindlmarkt, there are endless events happening every week in downtown Fargo.
Block 9, which will open in the Fall of 2020, will act as the epicenter of energy in downtown Fargo. Block 9 is home to R.D. Offutt Company, private condos, office space, a 5-star boutique hotel & restaurant, and two retailers.The new community plaza, coming Winter 2020, will host weekly events, such as the infamous Red River Market, ice skating, and live music performances.
Island Park is a short walk away, as well as fridbee golf, bike trails, and river activities. You have your choice of boutique and club fitness locations in downtown, which include: Fly Fitness, Pure Barre, YMCA, Downtown Fargo Yoga, Ecce Yoga, and more. Downtown Fargo is a 45 minute drive to the Minnesota lakes region. Convenient for a weekend getaway.
10 coffee shops
8 art galleries
6 theatre companies
And so much more.
Fargo by the Numbers
245,000 population, 27,000 college students, 28% more millennials per capita than national average.
- #1 Best Performing Small City - Milken Institute
- #1 City for Finding a Job – U.S. News and World Report
- #2 Best Small Places for Businesses & Careers - Forbes Magazine
- #3 Best City for Millennials - Millennial Personal Finance
- #3 Most Secure Places to Live - Farmers' Insurance
- #3 Best Place to Raise a Family - Childrens' Health Magazine
- #5 Best Places to Live in America - Moving.com
- #6 Overall in the Nation for City Services - WalletHub
- #8 Most Walkable Neighborhoods in the Midwest (Mid-Size City) – Redfin
- #7 Best City in the US for Entrepreneurs – Liveability.com
- #9 in the list of America's Fastest Growing Mid-Size City – WalletHub